STEAR Treasurer Job Description
STEAR (www.stearthinktank.com) is the first and leading youth policy institute strengthening relations all over Europe and Asia, with our team made up of young people from thirty three different countries across Eurasia. Joining STEAR as a Treasurer is a unique opportunity to contribute to the continued growth of an organisation working across more than 30 countries in Europe and Asia, expanding upon the success of major projects including our first annual conference, journal and flagship Cultural Event: the Global Village.
- Manage the financial administration of a think tank working across more than 30 countries
- Coordinate fundraising opportunities, pitching to large multinational corporations, NGOs and IGOs
- Build strong international networks across Europe and Asia; maintain relations with existing sponsors.
- Contribute to the overall strategic direction of STEAR as one of twelve board members
- Lead a team of 5 Treasury Officers
- Represent the organisation as an ambassador at networking events
Hours of Commitment: 4-5 Hours a Week
Duration: December 2021- July 2022
- Youth age 18-30 years old
- Good command of English
- Has a strong interest in Asia-Europe relations
- Previous experience in financial management and fundraising is preferred
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
How to apply:
To be considered for this position, please submit a complete application package consisting of:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
Send your application package to email@example.com with the subject ‘STEAR- Treasurer Position’
STEAR HR Officer Job Description
Joining STEAR as a HR Officer is a chance to take the lead on the Culture and internal organisation of a rapidly growing student thinktank, working across more than 30 countries in Europe and Asia.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Support the development and implementation of social activities for STEAR members
- Assist in performance management processes
- Being actively involved in recruitment by helping prepare job descriptions and managing the hiring process
- Create and implement effective onboarding and offboarding plans
- Oversee the mental health, workload and satisfaction of all STEAR members
Hours of commitment: 3-5 hours / week
Duration: December 2021 – July 2022
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills (must have the ability to form working relationship with people at all levels and coming from different backgrounds)
- Outstanding organisational and time management abilities
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, with a proven ability to communicate effectively orally and In writing
- Experience working as HR officer or administrator
- Experience working in a multicultural organisation
How to apply:
Please submit the application package consisting of the Curriculum Vitae, cover letter, and 1-page doc outlining what you want to accomplish during your time in STEAR.
Send your application package to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “STEAR – HR Officer”
Call for performers!
STEAR is excited to announce the call for performers for our flagship cultural event, the Virtual Global Village. Bringing together our global community through a virtual platform, we are offering the opportunity for performers to showcase their skills, host workshops and present art to this wide variety of future global leaders.
Whether it’s cooking, a language class, construction or any other form of art, if this sounds like the opportunity for you, please follow the link below to fill in our online application! With limited places and a final call on 23/01/2022, please get in touch soon. All those who are selected will be:
- Automatically included in our prize draw to win a prize for the best performer
- Awarded a certificate from STEAR and Asia Society
- Given access to the STEAR alumni network
- Featured on our cultural collection publication
This is a great opportunity to perform to an international audience and to refine your cross-cultural skills in the process. If you’re looking to showcase visual/written art, we will also be releasing a call for our cultural collection in the upcoming months! We look forward to receiving your submissions!
Submit your application here: https://forms.gle/xDDQrmBL6oZgCnCx5
More Information about our Global Village
Introduction: STEAR is a student think tank that aims to be the first and leading youth policy institute by strengthening relations and deepening cultural ties all over Europe and Asia, with our founding board made up of young people from twelve different countries across Eurasia.
One of STEAR’s pillars is to strengthen mutual understanding between Asia and Europe by promoting cultural exchanges and collaborations. STEAR’s Cultural Programme seeks to drive cultural value-exchange across STEAR’s global audience through the successful delivery of events that unearth cultural values and practices, breaking down barriers through education.
For this reason, we are hosting the Virtual Global Village – STEAR’s flagship cultural event. As part of our cultural programme, the Virtual Global Village aims to facilitate the interpersonal exchange between participants in order to provide young people with an opportunity to learn about and experience different cultural backgrounds on a deeper level. This will be held on February 19, 2022
We envision the Virtual Global Village to be the bridge connecting STEAR to organisations with the same thrust and goals of promoting cultural education and building bridges between the two continents. Furthermore, we aim to make this event a high-quality occasion which will give our partners and sponsors high visibility, and opportunity for their members to engage with youth leaders and young professionals across Europe-Asia. We embrace the diversity of thought, opinion, and backgrounds and ensure equal and inclusive representation from across the two continents.
Specifically, the Global Village would happen in the form of a virtual event. In various breakout rooms on the platform ‘Gathertown’, chosen performers will be able to showcase their own country through various activities, and other participants can follow along.
For example, a performer may hold a presentation and later cook a particular dish (on which her presentation is based). Another performer from a different country can teach a particular skill (e.g. Weaving in the Philippines ). Meanwhile, we can also have a language class (Vietnamese for 30 minutes). Furthermore, 1-2 guest cultural performers (up and coming artists) from Europe and Asia will also be invited to begin the session before we move into breakout rooms.
Alongside them, senior officials from the European Commission, External Action Services and ASEM have all confirmed their attendance as keynote speakers