Going on exchange is a very worthwhile experience which will broaden your horizon and perspective. You can study for part of your degree on an approved exchange programme. Every year, many law students study abroad and benefit immensely.
If you are interested in studying abroad for one or two semesters, you may do so in Year 3 or 4 if you are in the LLB programme, or in Year 4 or 5 if you are in any of the double-degree programmes.
Currently, there are two exchange programmes available:
- HKU Worldwide Undergraduate Student Exchange Programme (HKUWW)
- Faculty-level Exchange programme, includes the Self-funding Visiting Student Scheme
Preparation for exchange
Below are some recommended ways for you to get prepared before going on exchange (typically one year before):
- Attend the briefing session about the Faculty-based exchange programme
- Review and devise study plan
- Look into credit transfer issues
- Pay attention to the application timeline
- Director of Student Exchange for Outgoing Students: Mr Alex Mak